Photography course dates
News letter sign up
Top Posts & Pages
- Adding easy to remember web addresses / urls to Instagram posts
- Dealing With Missing Files / Folders and Working With External Hard drives in Lightroom Tutorial
- Samsung NX300 hands on review
- Organising a photo library with Lightroom
- Nine More Hidden Tips For Adobe Lightroom 5
- Nick Hedges' 'Make Life Worth Living' exhibition at the Science Museum's Media Space
Recent Blog Posts
- Brighton Photo Fringe business: MiniClick talk, Tim Andrews Over the Hill Exhibition and The Shot I Never Forgot
- Nick Hedges’ ‘Make Life Worth Living’ exhibition at the Science Museum’s Media Space
- Miniclick plan a second print run of: I Dare the Wave, A Life to Save.
- My first album cover for Technimatic’s ‘Desire Paths’
- Open for Business at the Science Museum London
- ‘I Dare the Wave, A Life to Save’ released by MiniClick
- Adobe Lightroom (5)
- Books (17)
- Brighton (39)
- Cameras (7)
- Competition (4)
- Events (32)
- Exhibitions (27)
- Interview (6)
- iPhone (17)
- Lomo (6)
- Lomography (11)
- Magazines (8)
- Martin Parr (10)
- News (27)
- Photo Books (4)
- Press (9)
- projects (8)
- Published (45)
- Recent Photo Books (3)
- Reviews (22)
- Software (11)
- Talks (20)
- Teaching (5)
- Tutorials (11)
Category Archives: Press
My montage portraits are currently featured in the new issue of Hungry Eye. Last year Anton interviewed me and filmed me shooting some of my montage portraits for his new documentary film series Analogue Tribes (which you can see here). He has now turned our discussion into an article. Hungry Eye is a quarterly so it will be available until September 2014, look out for it in all good news agents.
I’ve been interviewed a few times, sometimes by large news organizations and sometimes by small blogs and students but the recent interview I did with Lou O’Belam for The Photographic Journal is one of my favorites. I had a great conversation with Lou over the course of a few hours and I am really pleased with the result.
I have been interviewed by the BBC’s online magazine for an article that coincides with the 20th anniversary of Lomography. It’s quite nice to see that another Brighton photographer, Toby Mason, has also been interviewed for the piece; Brighton represent! The article was written by Stephen Dowling, the same journalist that interviewed me on the subject of Instagram in April this year. You can read the BBC’s Lomography article here and I thought it would be nice to post my responses to Stephen’s questions in full in case you’re curious to read more.
Instagram has been all over the news recently with the announcement that it’s being purchased by Facebook for one billion dollars. If by some small chance you don’t know what Instagram is you can read a review I wrote here. Stephen Dowling wrote a piece for the BBC online magazine titled “Has Instagram made everyone’s photos look the same?”. I was one of the Instagram users he interviewed, you can read the article in full here. I thought it would be nice to post my responses to Stephen’s questions in full in case you’re curious for more.
In the last few months I have have been interviewed three times by Dutch magazine Focus, Lomography.com and The Setup.
As well as my monthly spot in Brighton Source magazine, I have a little how-to article in the April issue of Advanced Photographer magazine (UK). It’s an article on how to shoot unique portraits, they have covered my montage portraits. It’s the current issue, see it and read more on my blog or just go and buy the mag. It is in W H Smiths or the other usual outlets.
Chris Leadbeater wrote an article on Brighton and my Hot Shots course for last weekend’s Independent. Chris was going to join a weekend course but being a travel writer he was away when I was running one. Instead I gave … Continue reading